Sunday, October 5, 2014

Snazzy Saturday's

Now I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who enjoys having a nice dinner with the girls. Good food and good conversation. Anything from the shade of lipstick someone is wearing to the cute guy sitting across the room. I live for moments like this! The older I've gotten I decided to ditch the turn up scene for a nice dinner and drinks. This past Saturday I was invited to a birthday dinner by one of my sorors. We went to a restaurant called Strip located in Atlantic Station. As always I didn't know what to wear. I swear I feel like my closet is completely empty when it comes to clothing. To the average eye it may look as if I have a lot but to me I only see two or three hangers. YES!! I know I'm super dramatic but I can't help myself. It seems like the more I shop the more I want. Don't blame me blame the designers. Why must they make so many cute clothes? 

I didn't know what to wear at first so I had to have mini girl talk threw text before getting dressed. First I had to find out how dressed up my friend was getting. In the invite text she told me she was getting really cute. So I had to figure out just how dressed up she was getting. I know I know you're probably thinking to yourself wow it's never that serious. But in reality IT IS THAT SERIOUS!! You NEVER want to be the girl who shows up underdressed. That is the WORST! For those of you who may not know, there are truly levels to this! Once I had my pow wow through texts and rummaged through my "empty" closet I finally mustered up an outfit that would be fitting. 

I didn't want to do too much so I opted for a simple black dress, some wedges, and spiked jewlery. But once heading out the door I soon realized it was a little brisk outside so I quickly ran back in and grabbed the first blazer I saw hanging in my closet. 


This just goes to show you how something so simple as a printed blazer can add a different twist to an outfit. I didn't think to wear this at first but once I put it on my outfit felt complete. 


This blazer is one of my favorite blazers. It always adds a nice little Umph to any outfit. Another thing I absolutely love most about it is the fact that it was thrifted for dirt cheap and you won't see this hanging up in any retail store. This is what I would call a statement piece. I can not stress enough how important it is to own a couple of statements pieces in your wardrobe. Nothing beats staple pieces especially thrifted statement pieces. THERE'S NOTHING IN THIS WORLD LIKE A NICE VINTAGE STATEMENT PIECE FROM THE THRIFT STORE!! 


I swear last night I was giving face!! *begins laughing* We all have those moments. Every girl has that I DID THAT moment, I don't think it's just me.....or is it? *awkward pause* Any who let me give you the run down on this fit of mines.

Outfit Details
All black
Skater dress Forever 21 under $15  
Multi colored blazer local thrift store $7.99 also came with matching shorts 
Super comfy black peep toe wedges Target $20
Spiked necklace Burlington Coat Factory $8.99
Rose gold watch Charlotte Russe $12.99
Nude Steve Madden purse TJ Maxx $39.99 

With Love,
<3 CarrieSierra 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment