Monday, October 27, 2014

Center Point


I'm on a mission to get back to the center of it all. Life has a funny way of throwing things at you. As you attempt to catch every object your hands become so full that you end up dropping something if not everything. It's so easy to become distracted. Hell I can honestly say that I've allowed distractions to block my ultimate vision. I don't know about you all but I can tell when things are not right. I feel a sense of unbalance. 

It's not a good feeling when you are in a mental state of Vertigo. Vertigo is a medical condition where the patient experiences a whirling or spinning movement. It is a subtype of dizziness where they have the perception of movement.  Just think about it, you're standing still in confusion as your world spins constantly. The choas causes you to become dizzy and confused not knowing what your next move should be. You frantically search for options as you try to maintain everything while trying to catch what is being thrown your way.  

I totally understand the feeling of hopelessness, fear, anxiety, and many other things. I've had my share of sleepless nights and tears. I told myself I will not become a victim to the ways of life. Yeah things may be crazy and chaotic but that's only temporary. 
Through all of the chaos I felt a sense of calmness. I've spent moments in my life in a vertigo mental state. That is no way to live! You get less things accomplished  and you begin to loose yourself. How can you possibly move forward when you are stuck behind debris from your storms?  You become so overwhelmed that you bury yourself in your burdens. You focus so much on what is happening around you you begin to loose focus. You stray further and further away from your central focus point. 

We all should practice on being self aware. We should be so in tune with ourselves that we notice an imbalance and get back to the center of things. It's okay to have your moments but we shouldn't stay there long. Life will always be crazy and unpredictable but we all have the power to make positive strides in moving forward. Find your central focal point and reside there. The storm you're experiencing is only temporary. Don't focus so much on the rain that you forget about the beautiful rainbow you're promised afterwards. 

With Love,
<3 CarrieSierra 

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Definitely have experienced mental vertigo before. Yoga helps in combating that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this baby girl! Blogging has definitely helped me to get back to the point of focusing on my purpose. I experience the mental vertigo a lot and it takes meditation and pray to snap me back. I love you for this post and more importantly for being the person you are. Muah!

    ReplyDelete