Sunday, April 6, 2014

Refreshing

SPRING IS FINALLY HERE

I REPEAT....SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!!! 

Whew Lord I don't think you know just how excited I am about this warm sun kissed weather. The warmth of the sun, blossoming of the flowers, and birds chirping. With spring being the season of renewal, growth, and let's not forget REBIRTH! What's more perfect than applying that to your closet. Carrie what do you mean by that? I'm glad you ask, the word rebirth in fashion means taking something old from another season and rocking it in another. I like to call these transitional pieces. It's defiantly cost efficient and it not only allows your own creativity to come out but it forces you to recreate looks. 


This pleated butterfly skirt is one of my favorite pieces. Not just because I thrifted it and it was dirt cheap. I actually wore this in the fall and winter months. Paired it with sweaters, denim shirts, and riding boots. 

Tips for transitional pieces in the Spring

Pair it with lighter colors. Brighten up some of your darker pieces by pairing it with spring colors. 
• Crop tops are always a go to when wearing a long skirt. A little skin is always fun but remember to be modest. 
•Sandals and wedges add a nice femine touch as well as nice colorful spring colored jewelry.
•Have fun with it, don't over think it!!! 

Remember fashion is an Art, your body is the canvas. Let's all be Picasso!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment